It’s starting to get hot outside but you can still be cool by making generous donations for homebound seniors.
The Beat the Heat program serves low-income, housebound, isolated seniors in Scottsdale. This program serves a couple functions: it provides summer relief to many seniors in need and it also gives city social workers delivering these packages a chance to assess growing needs and provide additional services to our seniors.
There are often more needs than donations and so that’s where we come in! We will be collecting donations at the Inner Circle Cafe through May 27. Inner Circle Cafe, 2515 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
Things we need:
- $35 grocery gift cards (Fry’s is the most popular with our seniors)
- Bottled Water
- Nutritional Supplement Drinks
- Bolthouse Farms
- Electrolyte-Enhanced Drinks
- Individually-Packaged Snacks (Healthier Options, Please)
- Trail Mix
- Protein Bars
- Unused Personal Hygiene Items
- Body Wash
- Hand/Bar Soap
- Books of United States Postal Stamps
- Mini Fans
- Reusable Ice Packs
- Baseball Hats
- Spritzer Bottles
- Reusable/Washable Water Bottles
- Personal Coolers
If you need a special receipt for your donations, email Amy before dropping off your donations and she’ll help you out!
Thank you Inner Circle Cafe!
Drop off your donations at the Inner Circle Cafe open daily from 6 am to 3 pm (7 am Saturday and Sunday).
2515 N Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85257